At John Scurr School children from Reception to Y6 are expected to wear uniform.
We encourage our children to come to school looking smart and ready for good learning.
We believe wearing school uniform:
• promotes a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
• is practical and smart;
• prevents children from coming to school in fashionable clothes that could detract them from their learning
• is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
• is designed with health and safety in mind
We strongly suggest that each individual item of school uniform is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- Trousers: dark grey
- Skirt/Pinafore dress: dark grey
- Summer dress (check pattern): Blue and white check
- Tights: white, dark grey
- Cotton shirt/polo shirt: plain white or pale blue
- Sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan: John Scurr Blue
- Head scarves should be plain white or John Scurr blue and is a short ‘pull on’ scarf.
Children should wear shoes that allow them to run safely around the playground e.g. black trainers or black school shoes.
Please don’t let your child wear wellington boots, they offer limited support for growing feet and make running and climbing difficult.
- Plain shorts / leggings / tracksuit bottoms with school badge: (dark blue or John Scurr blue)
- Plain long or short sleeved T-shirt (white or pale blue). Additional sweatshirt ( blue)
- They will also need trainers or plimsolls.
A one piece swimming costume / swimming trunks (NOT shorts)
a swimming hat and towel.
Where to buy
All items of clothing except the school sweatshirt can be bought from supermarkets i.e. Sainsbury’s, Tesco etc.
You can buy all items if needed from Khalsa uniform shop (opposite Tesco) on Bethnal Green Road.